Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting Request Form Request Header Type Edit in One Workflow Step on Security Group

Highlighted
M_A_A
Super Collector

Limiting Request Form Request Header Type Edit in One Workflow Step on Security Group

I have a need for a Security Group, Requesters, to be able to Create Requests, and Edit Request Header Types data when the Request is in several special Workflow Steps.  However, while in other Workflow Steps where other Security Groups may be able to Edit the Request Header Types data i would like to prevent the Requesters Security Group from being able to, and to only see, Edit the Request Header Types data.

I have not been able to find a configuration that sets Can (or cannot) Edit Request Form Request Header Type by Workflow Step by Security Group.  Is this possible to do something like this with existing configuration settings or some form of token or some form of customization?

You all in this forum have been most helpful and am hoping you have some solution to set this limitation for me.

Michael A.

3 REPLIES
Amishra

Re: Limiting Request Form Request Header Type Edit in One Workflow Step on Security Group

Morning Michael,

You will need to explain your requirement in more details, please see below and let me know if I have answered properly.

Potential solution will be to have a hidden token [Hidden_RSG] this token will be present on the steps where RSG has to action, populate the Hidden_RSG on those steps where RSG needs to action. On the other steps you dont need to populate Hidden_RSG token.

You may have to clear the token on steps where you dont want them to edit. 

Control the access via Request Type access [uncheck View All and Edit All options for Workflow security]. Add this new token [Hidden_RSG] on the request type and give edit and view access.

I haven't tried this solution, but it should work - technically.

Cheers,

Ajay

M_A_A
Super Collector

Re: Limiting Request Form Request Header Type Edit in One Workflow Step on Security Group

Thank you for the information Ajay.  I think your solution should work.  I will try to implement.

My scenario is (refer to attached Workflow):

1. Requester Security Group member (RSG) creates a Request and Submits it.  Request is now in Step 1: New, where it will be assigned to an Approver and sent to Step 2: Prioritize and Approve.  While in Step 2: Prioritize and Approve RSG cannot make changes in Request Header.
  2. Approver Security Group member (ASG) reviews request, making changes to Request and Request Header data as needed.  ASG determines more information is needed, moves request to Step 4: Additional Information Needed, where the Request's creator (RSG) is notified automatically by email of the transition.
  3. RSG creator may now edit Request Header while in Step 4: Additional Information Needed.  Request is move back to Step 2: Prioritize and Approve where RSG users may never edit the Request again during the remainder of the Workflow.

We may also want to all RSG to be able to edit the Request Header while On Hold in Step 3: Prioritize and Approve On Hold.

So your solution does appear to be able to provide this.

Thank you,

Michael A.

Amishra

Cheers Michael.. looks pretty straight forward. Good Luck!

Ajay

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event