Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation on Length of QUERY in Portlet?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Alex Madison
Super Collector

Limitation on Length of QUERY in Portlet?

Hello,
Is there a limitation for the length of the query in a portlet? I am writing a query and noticed that the "FROM" clause cannot accomodate more than certain number of lines. I have a large FROM statement with multiple sub-queries and cannot seem to accomodate this in the FROM box of the portlet. Any workarounds?
Thanks.
8 REPLIES
Surendra Poosar
Frequent Visitor

Re: Limitation on Length of QUERY in Portlet?

Alex,

On the Portlet definition the FROM clause could accomdate 4000 characters maximum. If your FROM clause exceeds 4000 characters you could continue to include the remainder clause in the WHERE block.

Thanks,
Surendra
Alex Madison
Super Collector

Thanks a lot. We have noticed that the total number of results for a portlet in our Development instance is limited to 200 lines. When the query is run on the backend, more than 200 lines are generated. However, the same portlet is able to display 400 lines in Production environment.
What could be the problem in Dev due to which the number of lines of data are not able to go beyond 200 lines?

Thanks in advance.
Jyotir ++
Solution

Hi Alex,

Please check your server conf file for dev may be there you have limited no of rows display in protlet only upto 200.Please check that parameter.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Jyotir
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

The row limit for portlets is set with the following server.conf directive:

com.kintana.core.server.PORTLET_MAX_ROWS_RETURNED=xxx

I believe the default value is 200.
Alexei Malinovs
Regular Collector

I also faced the similar problem when SQL Query was nbot fitting in Data source. To fit the query I removed all unnecessary spaces, carriage returns and comments from the query and renamed all generated columns as short as posisble. This worked for me.

Secpond workaround mentionied above to continue query in wHERE clause, is, actually, pretty cool :)
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

You can manually increase the number of rows in the portlet by entering a comment in the Group by area. Like the one shown below.

-- group by 1,2

also you can add a filter with the following filter

and ROWNUM< [P.Token_Name]

Remember increasing the maximum number in Server.conf will affect all the portlets and it will affect the system performance.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Alex Madison
Super Collector

Thanks a lot everyone. Further investigation, development and support from you all helped us chalk out the right solution.
Appreciated!
Alex Madison
Super Collector

The solution was in accordance with the recommendations provided by all of you. Thank you so much.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event