Did you mean: 

LDAP Logon Problem in new server

Highlighted
WissenCarquest
Regular Collector

LDAP Logon Problem in new server

Hello All, 
As a part server migration, Unix team copied all 
PPM application home files from one server to another new server. We have LDAP integrated with PPM application. Please find the attached server.conf file. 
Old Application Server OS details : Linux cle-ppmdev02 2.6.18-238.1.1.el5PAE #1 SMP Tue Jan 4 13:53:16 EST 2011 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux 
New Applicatiom Server OS details : Linux dev-ppm01 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Nov 9 08:03:13 EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux 

We got below error while logon with LDAP 
authentication. 

Error Message 
------------- 
The LDAP Server could not be reached. Please validate the LDAP_URL parameter in the server.conf file. (KNTA-10843). 

Please suggest me on this ASAP. 

Regards,

Prasad.

3 REPLIES
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Re: LDAP Logon Problem in new server

Hi Prasad,

Please check once that you are supplying correct values the below parameters in Server.conf.

KINTANA_LDAP_ID : Specify the PPM Center account on the LDAP server.

KINTANA_LDAP_PASSWORD : Specify the PPM Center password on the LDAP server (#!#pwd#!#)

If you run the kConfig.sh script, the PPM Server configuration utility automatically encrypts this password.

LDAP_URL: Specify the comma-delimited list of LDAP URLs

AUTHENTICATION_MODE=ITG,LDAP

Also check whether you have overwritten the LdapAttribute.conf file in the <PPM_Home>/integration/ldap directory.

After providing all the parameters, run the kConfig.sh script from <PPM_Home>/bin on the PPM Server.

Edited: Can u please check once after commenting the parameter LDAP_SSL_PORT in server.conf as you have not supplied any value..

Thanks!!

Mohit Agrawal

Oscar_Pereira
Frequent Visitor

Hello Prasat,

What is the PPM version and service pack ?    there are two new parameters for LDAP introduced in version 9.1 sp4

Regards

Oscar P

WissenCarquest
Regular Collector

PPM app version : 9.14 Service Pack : SP4

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event