Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Kintana login stalls.

Highlighted
Da86ers
Regular Contributor.

Kintana login stalls.

Only on certain systems does the workbench not show up. every system we have gets to the login screen and the open workbench screen but some of them after it gets to the verifying page nothing seems to happen.I set the trace level in the java console it goes through some security settings than network settings then gets an error:
Error opening:
http://domain:port/kintana/web/knta/global/html/DownloadComplete.html

it just sits there forever.

Any ideas?
I have check the registry and it looks good.

JJ
3 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Kintana login stalls.

Does the user have administrative privileges on the PC?

Is the correct version specified on the server.conf directive com.kintana.core.server.JAVA_PLUGIN_VERSION?

If you are using IE, it can help to deselect the option under Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Java/Use JRE xxxx for
Da86ers
Regular Contributor.

In the server.conf file for Kintana there aren't any java entries. On one of the systems that work the IE setting for JAVA is set to 1.6. I do believe that this is a JAVA version error and haven't figured out away around it.
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

The directive we have in the server.conf file for a 7.1 instance is: com.kintana.core.server.WORKBENCH_PLUGIN_VERSION=1.5.0_15

I don't remember if this was in the file by default or added at some point at the vendor's recommendation.