Did you mean: 

Keeping user data up-to-date in PPM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jignasa Desai
Occasional Advisor

Keeping user data up-to-date in PPM

Currently PPM user data is maintained manually by us. This is a tedious process so I would like to know:
1. What are the options to keep user details (atleast names & userids) updated from LDAP?
2. If there is a regular import from LDAP, how do user licenses & security groups get assigned? Will that still be manual?
6 REPLIES
StefanBienz
Super Collector
Solution

Re: Keeping user data up-to-date in PPM

Hi,

Importing Users (and also keep the data up-to-date) is done via the standard PPM Report "Import Users", described in detail in the documentation "Open Interface Guide and Reference", chapter 2.

Answer to 1.)
When you run this report regulary, userdata will be kept up-to-date, although NOT the name, because the name is actually the key PPM maps the LDAP User to the PPM User. But everthing besides that (Email, Departement, Mangager ...) is updated in PPM when it has changed in LDAP.

Answer to 2.)
In the mentioned PPM report, you can specify which licenses & security group should be assigned to the imported users. Therefore you have to create several criterias to filter in LDAP, specifiy that LDAP Filter in the reports and run several reports in parallel to assign different security groups to different users.

Hope that makes sense. It can be quite a complex task to setup that all, but it's possible !

Regards,

Stefan Bienz
Cirrus Consulting AG

Jignasa Desai
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your response! I will now evaluate the time & effort needeed implement this in my environment.
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

The first question always to ask the client for LDAP integration is whether LDAP is v3.0 compliant. If not, then its not supported by HP and may create issues in PPM as well.

Usually the efforts for integration is much less if everything is ready in the LDAP server as it is required in the PPM. So anywhere from a day (for configurations) to 5 days, based on how much preparations are required.
Jignasa Desai
Occasional Advisor

Thanks a lot for your guidance! I really appreciate it.
John2000
Acclaimed Contributor

Can u tell me more about how to get the users from LDAP and how to assign Licenses and security groups.......I am doing it in 7.5
RBanerjee
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi All,

We also have an similar problem, but we don't use LDAP. We want to keep the user data sync. with ERP. Is there any way in doing so.

Regards

Raj

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event