The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KTMG_WORK_ALLOCATIONS Table

Highlighted
vamsee_1
Regular Collector

KTMG_WORK_ALLOCATIONS Table

Does anybody have an idea as to how is the ktmg_work_allocations table being populated.

We have an issue wherein a few people are not able to certain items in Miscellaenous category and after some analysis I have realised that in certain KTMG tables there are restrictions on the viewing of these tasks. I do not how this is happening but it is there.

Can anybody please procide certain insight into this?
4 REPLIES
AlekseyG
Regular Collector

Re: KTMG_WORK_ALLOCATIONS Table

Hello everybody!

Are there any new ideas from 2008?) 

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Rosbank,

without a proper problem description nobody will be able to help.

If it has to do with adding misc items to a timesheet erroring out it could be the following:

QCCR1L25841 Can`t add misc to Timesheet due to Oracle exception if "TMG - Misc. Work Items" validation value meaning has problematic chars string.

QCCR1L42207 Stacktrace when adding MISC work items to timesheet

I suggest that if you have any issues with adding the timesheets you open a new thread, provide a valid problem description and we'll try to assist.

Best regards,

Dirk

AlekseyG
Regular Collector

Hello dirkf and thanks for your answer!

I don't have errors. I've just faced the same issue as the author of this post. I want to restrict some users from choosing particular values within Miscellaenous category. And it seems that ktmg_work_allocations and ktmg_work_alloc_res_access tables have something to do with the solution.

The question is how use it.

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Rosbank,

PPM does not support out of the box such functionality - to define security to specific departments for the different misc. work items.
Neither it is possible to show different misc. items for different users, depending on the department they are members of or which security group they belong to.

The functionality you are requesting is not available in the standard product, it is a custom functionality that you are looking for and I cannot help you there, since it's out of my scope.

I hope that another customer will be able to help you, else I'd have to point to HP Professional Services Org, who specialize in this kind of customizations.

Best regards,

Dirk

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event