The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KNTA-10976

Highlighted
Babar Khokhar
Acclaimed Contributor

KNTA-10976

When trying to open the workbench it gives me the following error.

Connection not established. Please close this window, refresh your Dashboard, and try again. (KNTA-10976).
8 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: KNTA-10976

Babar!

Anything interesting in the server log? What version?
Babar Khokhar
Acclaimed Contributor

Hey Eric,

In the server log file, its mentioning about rmi port 1099 not being resolved so tried to change it to 1199 but still getting connection not established.

After applying SP3 to 7.5, I too was receiving this same message. I was able to resolve by switching a setting in my browser. If you are using IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, click the "Settings" button on the General tab, and make sure that "Check for newer version of stored pages" is set to "Automatically". Mine had been set to "Never".
Babar Khokhar
Acclaimed Contributor

The setting is set to "Automatically" on mine.

Thanks,
Babar
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Hi Babar,

Do you have administrative priveleges on your machine? Can you check that? If not, then ask your network admin to either give you the admin priveleges or ask the network admin to login to your machine and download the java plug-in on your machine (version as required for your ppm version).

Is it happening now for the first time or were you able to access Workbench on your machine earlier?

vamsee_1
Regular Collector

I think that there is a process already running on this port and hence it cannot resolve this port. What you need to do is restart your server once again and then try.

Meanwhile also do a grep on the port and see if there are any processes running on this port.
Dominic Almeida
Regular Collector

hi babar

I happen to face the same problem,

the solution was to setup the appropriate entries in the hosts file

which are under

windows\system32\drivers\etc\ folder

i had to setup the mapping of the hostname with the ip address something like as

192.168.3.5 tab hostname
192.168.3.15 tab hostname

hope this helps

marcielh
Acclaimed Contributor

Just to add my 2 cents:

we faced the same problem, what I found was:

- at PPM Server, in the server.conf, the name that you use for BASE_URL, should match the name that the external user will use to open the PPM main page.

We faced a problem because, in one of our deploys, we moved the PPM server to another server, and updated the BASE_URL with the new server name. Internal users were fine, because they started to use the new local name to open the PPM main page, but for external users, although our router re-directs to the correct server internally, RMI service expects that the users call this service using the same internal name. Because now the internal name was different from the external name, Workbench was not opening in the external network.

We solved this by:

1 - Adding the external PPM server name in the hosts file of the PPM server and;

2 - Changed the server.conf to use the external name instead the internal name.

I hope this helps.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event