Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

(KNTA-10895) Lines in shell session contain encrypted values

Highlighted
James++
Super Contributor.

(KNTA-10895) Lines in shell session contain encrypted values

Hello All,

I am getting this error when I am migrating SQL Script object.

Command(s) timed out...
Waiting for the following String[s] in session output:
KSC_EXIT_STATUS
Session output processed:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lines in shell session contain encrypted values.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (KNTA-10895)
EOF

When I tried to manually compile this package in destination DB it is working, but when migration by HP PPM 7.1 it is not.

I have also increased the Command time out to 9000 seconds, but then also no sucess.

If anyone have faced this same error then please help.

Please also upload "Change Management Extension for Oracle Technology" guide or tell me the URL, as I was not able to find it in HP site.

Thanks
James
4 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: (KNTA-10895) Lines in shell session contain encrypted values

When we were testing the upgrade process from 6.0 to 7.1, we found that PPM was handling token substitution for encrypted values differently in 7.1. If the token was used on a command line, the decrypted value was substituted and the echo was suppressed. If the token substitution went into a script, the encrypted value was used. The solution was to place the token on the command line that called the script. This change is more secure as the decrypted value is never placed in a file.
James++
Super Contributor.

Hi Jim,

We are passing token value in command line only, and the major error are coming while migrating .pls file or .plb file. In case of migrating .sql file there are no error and the object is migrated successfully.
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

What does the log file for the step show when you click the "Show Debugging Details" button? This can often provide clues.

What kind of server are you connecting to? We have seen random instances of ssh/scp connections hanging when connecting to Windows/Cygwin servers with 6.0. We have little experience with 7.1. When a package line hangs, it has been a solid failure. Even copies of the package line fail. The workaround that usually solves the problem is to copy the file to a new file name with a different number of characters and create a new package line for it. Renaming the file does NOT work. I know this makes no sense but it is the only thing that has worked for this error.
Cindy Ramberg
Respected Contributor.

We are getting this same error message trying to migrate a workflow to a new instance. All other migrations of this workflow were successful except for this new instance. All instances have been upgraded to 8.0 Service Pack 1.