The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KNTA-10023 (Unable to open Project Plan)

Highlighted
vamsee_1
Regular Collector

KNTA-10023 (Unable to open Project Plan)

I am trying to open a project plan from the workbench but I get an eror which says ORA 06502 and ORA06512 Numeric or Value Error. Is it becuase the project plan name is tool long. What is the limit on the size of the project plan name?
3 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Re: KNTA-10023 (Unable to open Project Plan)

That's probably right. If you have the project name too long then it would throw error. This was fixed in 7.1 SP5 allowing project names more than 100 characters also.
vamsee_1
Regular Collector

This plan that I m talking about has 60 characters in it. There are plan with similar length which I m able to open then why not this one. Also the max length as set for the project plan name column in the database is 300.

Do you think chnaging the name from the backend would resolve the issue.
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

The max length in db is 300, but still ppm had this bug for long names, may be they created it on java side this bug, when handling long names.

Not sure in your case why a certain project is opening and other not. Just to check, do you have any special characters in the project name?

But otherwise the best bet is to shorten the project name and then check if it still has the issue. Changing name from backend should be ok I believe because only one table has the project name stored and all others have project id only. But double check that to make sure.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event