I have a Jump step in a request workflow tied to a Receive step in a Package workflow.
There have been a couple cases where the Jump step will indicate it was successful, but the Receive stays at "Pending Jump". Most of the time it works... but I want to know why it doesn't work ALL the time.
We are using jump/receive in numerous places in our system for multiple years now and very rarely do we actually get into issues. Most of the issues happen when admin overwriding is done in request or package while the one may be waiting on the other. When we copy the old requests which might have experienced similar issue in the past, the new ones sometimes tend to behave in similarly way. Our ERP Teams create a lot of deployment requests for migrations but very rarely do we Copy from old requests. -Raj
Actually I think I found the cause of this. I went into the application log and saw there was an error updating the package because it was locked. I'm thinking a user had the package open with pending changes - so the Jump/Receive step couldn't be updated to successful.
It's good to know this isn't completely random :-)