Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Error in Project List Portlet for Cost Columns

Highlighted
Michael Gallant
Super Collector

Java Error in Project List Portlet for Cost Columns

When attempting to add certain fields to the project list portlet - we receive a java error when trying to view the data in the portlet. The error only occurs when using one or more of the cost categories (see list below) - and I have some scenarios where I can get the Actual Labor to show okay but I have not figured out yet why this only happens on certain projects - my investigation continues.)

We have logged this with HP and they have made us ensure our language settings are correct - which they are. They are still determined that this is the issue. We have sent more log files to show them we made the changes. I am waiting for their response as well.

- Actual Cost (AC)
- Actual Labor
- Baseline Cost
- Baseline Labor Cost
- Cost Variance (CV)
- Earned Value (EV)
- Planned Labor
- Planned Total
- Planned Value (PV)
- Schedule Variance (SV)

The error displayed (btw this example is selecting only Planned Labor category - the planned labor amount in the project is $10,173.76.

For input string: "10173,764"

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "10173,764"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:477)
at java.math.BigInteger.(BigInteger.java:314)
at java.math.BigInteger.(BigInteger.java:447)
at java.math.BigDecimal.(BigDecimal.java:216)
at com.kintana.core.util.CurrencyFormatter.format(CurrencyFormatter.java:262)
at com.kintana.core.util.CurrencyFormatter.format(CurrencyFormatter.java:309)
at com.kintana.dsh.portlet.renderer.CurrencyDataColumnProvider.formatCurrencyForDisplay(CurrencyDataColumnProvider.java:285)
at com.kintana.dsh.portlet.renderer.CurrencyDataColumnProvider.getDataColumn(CurrencyDataColumnProvider.java:211)
at com.kintana.dsh.portlet.renderer.WebTextPortletColumnRenderer.renderText(WebTextPortletColumnRenderer.java:133)
at com.kintana.dsh.portlet.renderer.WebTextPortletColumnRenderer.renderCell(WebTextPortletColumnRenderer.java:98)
at org.apache.jsp.web.knta.dsh.portlet.ListPortletContent_jsp._jspService(ListPortletContent_jsp.java:141)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:704)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:590)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispa
3 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Java Error in Project List Portlet for Cost Columns

Are the projects all using the same region/currency?
Michael Gallant
Super Collector

Yes they are using the same Region and the same currency. This error occurs both in our DEV and PROD environments.
Alexandru Saven
Regular Collector

what is the regional setting that is currently configured in the server? In non-US locales, the comma sign is the separator for decimals.

Cheers
Alex
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event