Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues distributing changes to server confg file

Highlighted
Raka_1
Collector

Issues distributing changes to server confg file

We were making changes to the server confg file and did run the update command and also the restarted the server. But the changes only come on 2 instances and do not come on other 6 Theses changes took effect only in QA4(TEST) and PROD4. We were not running the kConfg.sh script as the servers are in cluster format. Also we are having performance issue with our Prod environment.
We are having problems with making updates to the server confg file in TEST and PROD environment. These 2 are vertically culestered having 2 nodes each and 4 instances to each node to balance the work load.

We were updating the following changes to the server confg file:

1) COST_CAPITALIZATION_ENABLED TRUE

2) ENABLE_PROGRAM_EDITABLE_FS TRUE

3) com.kintana.core.server.PORTLET_MAX_ROWS_RETURNED FROM 200 TO 800

4) com.kintana.core.server.SSH_PRIVATE_IDENTITY_FILE

5) com.kintana.core.server.TMG_PAST_PERIODS_TO_ALLOW
4 REPLIES
Bryan Parrott
Occasional Advisor

Re: Issues distributing changes to server confg file

Did you move the updated server.conf files to all of the servers in the clusters you are referring to? It's been a while since I've worked with PPM in a cluster but it used to be that you had to copy the server.conf file to each instance so that they all contained exact copies.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Did you run kUpdateHTML.sh on each physical machine after making your changes?
Raka_1
Collector

I did run the kUpdateHtml also and restarted the server one by one. The other problem I am facing is that I made all these changes in DEV and they work fine but I have a custom portlet which would capture all the key 500 projects but the limit is set only to 200 though in the server confg file the limit is set to 800. It is not taking the change. It would not allow me to go beyond 200. com.kintana.core.server.PORTLET_MAX_ROWS_RETURNED FROM 200 TO 800

How would I set the Portlet to give me more than 200. Is there any other parameter that i need to set in order to increase the rows
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

It seems like the kUpdateHtml.sh script is not updating all of your servers. When you run it, does it explicitly list all servers in its messages?

If you place a 'group by' clause in your data source, the portlet will return all of the entries, not just the first 200 or 800.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event