Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with report

Highlighted
NGT
Occasional Advisor

Issue with report

Hi Team

Currently, I have a report configured to display data based on the end users requirement. To accomodate the users requirement we created a materialised view and have configured our report to get the information from the mView.

The issue that we currently face is that when we have any file greater than 60 MB generated(i.e if I check on the server for the html report size), when we try to do a view report, IE keeps trying to get the information and then hangs. I have waited for an hour thinking it will take time to generate the report. The same is the case when I am trying to open the html file on the server.

I have checked for files that are upto 40 MB in size and we are not having issues getting the back in the view report from which later on we export that information to excel.

Has anyone encountered this issue before or give me pointers as to what should i be looking out for to troubleshoot this.

PPM version is 7.5 SP6 .

Thanks and regards

Nishant

1 REPLY
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: Issue with report

Any internet browser itself would take time to open a file of size 60 MB.

It would be better of you can split the file into several interlinked pages.

Or second option is to change the browser setting to display the page immediately insted of loading it frst then displaying.

You can try this on FireFox Mozilla by changing its setting as:

1. Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit enter.
  2. right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts.
Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event