The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ksc_copy_request

Highlighted
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Issue with ksc_copy_request

Hi,

I have an issue with the special command ksc_copy_request. At some point in a WF I have an execution step that executes the request_command:

ksc_copy_request REQUEST_TYPE_ID="30384" WORKFLOW_ID="30593" COPY_FIELDS="Y" COPY_NOTES="N" CREATE_REFERENCE="Y" REF_RELATIONSHIP_ID="15" SUBMIT="N" PROCESS_RULE="N" USER_ID="[SYS.USER_ID]"

This works fine on the dev system and it does not cause an error when doing so on the test system. However, on the dev system I can open the new child request. on the dev system I cannot do so, instead I get the following error.

ERROR JSESSIONID=7304D1B40C01E349820622495154B48F.Server,USERNAME=****server:http-0.0.0.0-80-Processor19:com.kintana.web:2013/10/07-18:18:40.770 CEST: An unknown error has occurred. For more information, please contact your PPM administrator and provide the following GUID number: GUID=76B08900-A907-5B48-47FD-9CBA614F691E nested detail:java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer

An unknown error has occurred. For more information, please contact your PPM administrator and provide the following GUID number: GUID=76B08900-A907-5B48-47FD-9CBA614F691E  at com.kintana.core.server.ReferenceAgent.loadReferencesGeneral(ReferenceAgent.java:805)  at com.kintana.core.server.ReferenceAgent.loadReferences(ReferenceAgent.java:722)  at com.kintana.crt.server.RequestAgentImpl.getReferences(RequestAgentImpl.java:267)  at com.kintana.crt.bean.Request.getReferences(Request.java:351)  at com.kintana.crt.bean.UserRequest.getReferences(UserRequest.java:198)  at com.kintana.crt.web.ctrl.RequestDetailController.setRequest(RequestDetailController.java:593)  at com.mercury.itg.servlet.ActionMonitorFilter.doFilter(ActionMonitorFilter.java:87)  at com.mercury.itg.servlet.HibernateSessionFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionFilter.java:97)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MLUFilter.applyFilter(MLUFilter.java:115)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:68)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.applyFilter(ValidationFilter.java:178)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.doFilter(ValidationFilter.java:104)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MultipartRequestFilter.applyFilter(MultipartRequestFilter.java:81)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:68)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.applyFilter(ControlFilter.java:917)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.doFilter(ControlFilter.java:1479)  at com.mercury.itg.servlet.I18NFilter.doFilter(I18NFilter.java:46)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.SchemeBasedRedirectFilter.doFilter(SchemeBasedRedirectFilter.java:71)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.Log4jFilter.applyFilter(Log4jFilter.java:56)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:68)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.PerformanceFilter.applyFilter(PerformanceFilter.java:60)  at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:68) Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer  at com.kintana.core.server.ReferenceAgent.loadReferencesGeneral(ReferenceAgent.java:783)  ... 21 more

Filtered Out 102 Stack Trace Lines.

What may be the reason for this?

As soon as I set COPY_FIELDS=N it works on the test system too. But that makes the whole action pretty pointless.

Both request type, their header, wokflows have been deployed fro dev to tes successfully (several times by now).

PPM release is 9.14; any ideas someone?

Regards

Sascha

2 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Issue with ksc_copy_request

Hi Sascha,

if you have the problem when setting copy-fields = N, can you isolate the field causing the issue? A numeric or a date-field?

If you have inconsistent results across environmentally similar or same environments, check if the user that is executing this has the same java-version (language-based??) enabled, uses the same regional settngs in the PPM 'edit my profile'  mask etc pp.

If this still occurs then, it would be great if we could find out what field this is.

Also, the obvious question - sorry, have to pose it - are all expected (required) fields on the copied request also populated on the request that you are copying from?

Last but not least I found a defect for 9.14 -> QCCR1L50127 where the problem seems to be blank fields copied from a request with the project reference field group active on the RHT. You can also check if this could be an issue but then it would - I guess - only apply to you if the other enviornment where it works is on a different SP-level.. maybe... :-)

Issue with special command ksc_copy_request, used together with a request with Project Reference field group.
When executing a workflow step with ksc_copy_request and leaving the Project Reference field blank the stack trace below is generated when attempting to open the reference that is created

HOpe this helped a little bit.

Best regards,

dirk

skbd
Regular Collector

Re: Issue with ksc_copy_request

Dirk, thanks for providing the link to this defect.

Question - It says in the defect language, that this occurs when the "Project Reference field is empty".

I may be a little dense, but what is the Project Reference Field?

I am getting this issue, but I have no field on my request called "Project Reference"...

It also says:

Issue with special command ksc_copy_request, used together with a request with Project Reference field group.

I also do not have a Project Reference Field Group.  I am assuming that this is refering to the various groupings defined on the 'Fields' tab on the Request Type screen?

I've attached a screenshot of my Request screen showing my Fields tab.

Any further direction would be great as I seem to be running into a big wall if I cannot 'COPY_FIELDS' with this function.

Steve

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event