Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Web Service sessions

Highlighted
RikardSeger
Occasional Contributor

Issue with Web Service sessions

Hi, we are implementing a custom PPM scheduled service that integrates with a another system using Web Services.

This is what we have done:

1) Generated Web Service stubs from a given remote WSDL file. We have generated them with Axis2 that is bundled with PPM 9.140005.

2) Created a scheduled service that runs every 10 mins. This service connects to the remote Web Service.

There is no problem to make calls to the remote Web Service, a request is sent and we get data back. So that part is fine.

The problem: But the service needs to make several Web Service calls ~ 200, first retrieve a list then get data for each item. But after ~20 calls the remote web service answer with a fault code: "Max Sessions Exceeded".

To solve this (which works fine when I run outside PPM) I set this flag in the client code on the generated Axis2 stub:
stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setManageSession(true);

This call should force the Axis2 client to send all Web Service calls in the same session (reuse the session id). But it doesn't seem to work when I run this inside PPM.

Any ideas on how to solve this? 

Regards Rikard

1 REPLY
mike_se
HPE Expert

Re: Issue with Web Service sessions

Hi Rikard,

This KCS article may help: KM356140

Basically, can run a java app that runs the web services.

PPM will run it like someone connecting from the command line.

-Mike

"Using special command ksc_local_exec to execute the program which will call the external web server. The special command then can be used as a step in workflow or report (so can be scheduled)"

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event