The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Upgrading from 6.0 to 7.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Rich Y_1

Issue Upgrading from 6.0 to 7.1

I ran into an issue going from 6.0 to 7.1. The upgrade.sh tell me I do not have enough disk space.

HP's Response
There is a defect (194785) in the version of the InstallShield program used by the upgrade

The InstallShield version used in the upgrade checks the root directory disk space, minimum requirement is 300 MB. If the root directory doesn't contain 300 MB this error will occur. The only work around is to add enough free disk space (300 MB) under the root directory in order to proceed with the upgrade

Has anyone ran into this issue? If you have how did you get past it?

Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES
Lizabeth
Regular Collector
Solution

Re: Issue Upgrading from 6.0 to 7.1

Rich,

We had to face the same error, it was a defect in their Install Bundle and waited several weeks for them to come up with a solution, but eventually had to increase the space in the root directory.

Thanks

If you are on Unix, we found a way to upgrade without increasing the size of our root directory (Our Unix Admins were not willing to rebuild the servers to increase the space in root, since there are multiple applications using these servers). We updated 2 files within the "mitg_upgrade.jar" file.

The first file is "product.xml". Search for the following line:

and change to

The next file is "InstallCheck.class"

We changed the following from:

protected void setPassed(boolean flag)
{
if(flag)
{
status = 1;
} else
{
status = 2;
}
}

to the following:

protected void setPassed(boolean flag)
{
if(flag)
{
status = 1;
} else
{
status = 1;
}
}

Use the above at your own risk, but we completed successful upgrades from 6.0 to 7.1 on 4 Unix servers that had less than 300 MB available in their root directory.
AndreaB_1
Occasional Advisor

HI,

Is there any way you can send me a copy of the files you updates, as I see that one is a compiled class path.

Thanks
Andrea
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event