Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue/Risk requests not showing up on Project Overview Page.

Highlighted
Ravi Kumar Jha
Occasional Advisor

Issue/Risk requests not showing up on Project Overview Page.

Hello,

I am working on -
HP PPM 7.5 SP5
Operating System - Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 6) Kernel 2.6.9-67.ELhugemem on an i686
Database - Oracle 11g R1

Recently we have re-enabled the issue and risk requests in the application. However, whenever I create a risk/issue request from the summary tab by clicking the log issue/risk button, it is not showing up on the project overview page in the Issues portlet or Risks portlet.

I have already updated the Project type settings to set the corresponding issue and risk requests.

Please let me know if someone has information on this.

Thanks,

Ravi
3 REPLIES
Ravi Kumar Jha
Occasional Advisor

Re: Issue/Risk requests not showing up on Project Overview Page.

I would like to share one more thing that I observed. We have another request type - change request that has been added to the project type in its project settings. Whenever I try to create a change request from log scope change on the project overview page, it opens the create change request page and once the request is created the control goes back to the project from where this change request was created. Also the Scope Changes portlet on the project overview page shows me the correct change request name there.

But when I repeat the same procedure for creating an issue or risk request, the control never comes back to the original project. The Issues portlet or Risks portlet does not show the created request on it.
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi Ravi Kumar Jha,

Does the requests created has the association with the project? Maybe that requests are not correctly associated with the project.

Regards,
Daniel
Catherine Curti
Super Collector

It sounds like you have validated already that you have the proper risk and scope change request types assigned in the project type settings. Did you check the Project Overview settings and make sure that issues, risks and scope changes have a number to be visible by default defined (we are on 8.01 so I'm just guessing this is an option on 7.5)?

Can you attach some screenshots of:
(1) Project Type Settings - Request Types
(2) One of the Risks or Issues that are not showing up?
(3) Summary Page of project

I would also check a risk/issue/sc to make sure there is a reference to the project on each and also your security settings. Perhaps you have create but not view permissions.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event