cancel

Isapi_redirect.dll module cant load in IIS6.0 Win2003SP2

Highlighted
emchew
Frequent Contributor.

Isapi_redirect.dll module cant load in IIS6.0 Win2003SP2

Hi,
Need help in configurating IIS6 as external web server in HP PPM7.5

I follow the module closely. However, when I try to load the ISAPI module, it wouldn't start. I use dependency walker to check and found out it's requesting MSJAVA.dll. Problem is, MSJava.dll only exist in Win2000 and was removed in Win2003.

Anyone encounters this problem before? Any newer version of Isapi_redirect.dll file, which not depend on MsJava.dll?

Thank you
9 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Isapi_redirect.dll module cant load in IIS6.0 Win2003SP2

Hi, the current version of the plugin for 32bit is 1.2.18 and it was for 7.5 too.
I have never seen that it needs an msjava.dll, I thought the plugin would have been developed in C/C++.
emchew
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I double check the ver and it is as you said. I got this file from the integration\webserverplugin... folder.

Attached is the print screen of the error. Any possible reason?
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

That's strange, I don't have this file on the webservers either. From your screenshot it looks like it is related to mshtml.dll. So it would be part of the IIS, did you try to uninstall and then reinstall the IIS?
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Found something; check Q&A number 3 here:
http://www.dependencywalker.com/faq.html
emchew
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,
Thanks for ur link. But my ISAPI module still cant up... There are two errors in my event log, one with event id 2248 and the other cant to be confirmed...
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi.
I did not find that event ID in my list with common windows error messages. I found something related to exchange, maybe it is transferable to IIS too. That's the link
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Exchange&ProdVer=6.5.6940.0&EvtID=2248&Evtsrc=MSExchangeMTA&LCID=1033
The article basically says the system cannot register itself in the AD domain. If it is part of the domain you could check if connectivity is an issue there.
emchew
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

Sorry... The correct event ID should be 2268 and 2214. The server is Win2003 SP2 with IIS6.0 only. No other roles or applications were installed.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

OK, these seem to be related to the redirect module indeed. They are talking a lot about citrix here:
https://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2214&eventno=4471&source=W3SVC-WP&phase=1
citrix seems to use the same plugin. Maybe what Steve Burkett says may be worth trying.
emchew
Frequent Contributor.

Wow... This is like hitting a jackpot. I will try it out and update here...
Thanks a lot for your help