Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there ksc_copy_server_env_group??? (Trying to specify env_group in obj type instead of on WFS)

Highlighted
bzdafro
Collector

Is there ksc_copy_server_env_group??? (Trying to specify env_group in obj type instead of on WFS)

We have object type commands that use ksc_copy_server_server     to deploy to   environments or environment groups specified on a workflow step.   No problem.    We can even override whatever is specified on the step by using ksc_copy_server_server DEST_ENV="serverxyz"     Is there anyway to specify an environment group to deploy too????

There is ksc_connect_env_group_source_server  ...  but I cant find any KSC_COPY_xxxx  special commands that can point to an environment group.    

3 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Re: Is there ksc_copy_server_env_group??? (Trying to specify env_group in obj type instead of on W

I had this same requirement a few years back and basically came up empty. The only way to handle variable environment groups was with either very complex workflows or a variety of workflow that handled the different combinations that made sense for the deployments. But ultimately, there was no way for an Environment Group could be changed programmatically.
bzdafro
Collector

Re: Is there ksc_copy_server_env_group??? (Trying to specify env_group in obj type instead of on W

ok thanks..  I've tried everything I could think of and nothing works.   There is the ksc_set_env   but   nothing like   ksc_set_env_group that I have found.    

PPM shows the dest group field in the log.  Dest Environment Group:     If there was a way to set that in the step command it might work.   Im wondering how PPM processes the ksc_copy_server_server .. that one command works for both single servers and groups and you can override with SOURCE_ENV=   or   DEST_ENV=      why  not env_group... ugh

Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

That's been the problem. I know that there is some kind of backend processing that handles assigning the environments to the executions for each environment defined in the environment groups. It does this prior to any of the code happening, so there would be no part of the code that could handle the override. What would be nice, would be the ability to use a token on the workflow step, but that's not there either.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event