Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Is there anybody else having trouble when export data to pdf in PPM?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Is there anybody else having trouble when export data to pdf in PPM?

Hi,

when we export the data in portlets or work plan or staffing profile ,not all the characters are printed on the pdf document such as "ı","ş","ğ" .

Is there anything to prevent this ?

Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Is there anybody else having trouble when export data to pdf in PPM?

What release are you using? In the documentation of release 8 there is a chapter describing how to install special fonts for the PDF export functions.
We did not need to do that though; until now no user has complained and the users are using all kinds of language (incl. e.g. Greek).
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Re: Is there anybody else having trouble when export data to pdf in PPM?

Hi sascha,

we are using PPM 7.5.

Thanks for your reply.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Is there anybody else having trouble when export data to pdf in PPM?

Must be a different issue then. I'll attach the section from the admin manual release 8 regarding unicode in pdfs.
Maybe have a look if such a section was in the admin manual release 7.5 I don't think so) or maybe in the documentation of the language pack you have installed.
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Re: Is there anybody else having trouble when export data to pdf in PPM?

Sacsha,

i solved the problem.When the resources resubmitt their timesheet the billing approver can see and freeze them.

it is because of the timesheets that were submitted before the assignment of billing approver.

Thank you very much.
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Re: Is there anybody else having trouble when export data to pdf in PPM?

Sacsha we will try it.
Thanks.
Emir Gocen
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Is there anybody else having trouble when export data to pdf in PPM?

Hi Sevilay,

There exists a partial solution. If you install Arial Unicode font to the server PPM runs and restart the ppm instance you get to export project details, dashboards with Turkish characters ı,Å ,Ä . However, the workplans use a different methodology while exporting pdf so this does not work, at the moment I have opened a case in support and will post its result when it resolves.

Emir
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Re: Is there anybody else having trouble when export data to pdf in PPM?

Hi Emir,

thank you first of all.Please let me know when they announce a solution to this problem.


Emir Gocen
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Is there anybody else having trouble when export data to pdf in PPM?

Hi,

I have just applied the permanent solution to this issue, it is in two steps.

In order to have the Turkish characters printed on PPM (except workplans):

-Close your PPM instance, copy ARIALUNI.TTF font to the directory C:\windows\fonts. Then start the PPM instance.


Due to the fact that PPM uses a different method while exporting the workplans do the following steps in sequence:

- Close your PPM instance.
- Copy ARIALUNI.TTF font to a directory which PPM has access. In my case it was
C:\jdk1.6.0_16\jre\lib\fonts
- Then open the file in %PPM_HOME/server/%SERVER_NAME/deploy/itg.war/WEB-INF/conf/FontOptions_en.properties.
- Change its content to
pdf.font.embedFont=false
pdf.font.encoding=Cp1254
pdf.font.name=C:/j2sdk1.6.0_16/jre/lib/fonts/ARIALUNI.TTF
In here use â /â for it is Linux based. â \â is not acceptable.
- Then delete all the files under the tmp and work folders in %PPM_HOME/server/%SERVER_NAME directory to clear the cache.
- Start your PPM instance and test that it works :)

Kind regards.

Emir