Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Is there any other field that can be used for default notifications in PPM?

Highlighted
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Is there any other field that can be used for default notifications in PPM?

Hi,

Other than user email address,is there any other field that can be used for default notifications. For example,if there are two email addressess for a user and want to use one in certain conditions and other in different conditions, how do we accommodate this without coding using standard PPM notification functionality.

Thanks
Shravan kumar.K
3 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Is there any other field that can be used for default notifications in PPM?

I can trigger mail based on different Email address which is entered in a different RT or RHT field.

I am not sure what do you mean by 'without coding using standard PPM notification functionality'

Are you expecting mail to be sent from DB Side?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Hi Mahendran,

We want to store 2 email addresses for the user and want to send notification to these 2 mail addresses.(one is normal email address and one is text SMS).Without taking into consideration of any custom field and populating that with second email address,is there anyway with using standard PPM features to send the mail to first mail address and at the same time we should send mobile text SMS.

Thanks
Shravan kumar.K
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Say if you want to send mails based on Project Manager field (Single select) of a RT

You can store the 'Text SMS' Email Address for every user as a 'User Data' under SusAdmin -> User settingd as soon as some one enters the Project Manager field, Please write a rule which populates the Email Address in a hidden rule.

When you want to send email, Please include the E-Mail Address entered in this hidden field.

It is doable as per my understanding. Please try and let me know.

Regards,
Mahendran M