Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Is it possible to update a username using the open interface?

Highlighted
philipwood
Super Contributor.

Is it possible to update a username using the open interface?

Hi,

The background:

an interface is being built that updates user account information with data from an external system. i.e. to provision users.

A supported API to PPM needs to be used, but there are no webservices for updating users, so the open interface is being used.

Is it possible to update the username using the Open API?

This is required because the originating system does not consider the username to be the unique identifier and may update it (say for example in the case where it was incorrectly captured initially) - this would causes a duplicate user to be created, when th intended action is to update the username of the user.

Does anyone know whether there is some combination of populating the user_id, dest_user_id, username, dest_username columns that can be used to force an update of a username rather than the creation of a new user?

Thanks in Advance

Kind Regards

Philip Wood

2 REPLIES
philipwood
Super Contributor.

Re: Is it possible to update a username using the open interface?

Hi,

Interested if there are other answers, but this seems to work...

I'm testing using the logon_identifier to store the unique identifier user by the external interface, without using the logon_identifier to log on with.

When inserting a row into the interface table I give the logon_indentifier as unique id and also give a username.

This causes an update/insert as desired.

Regards

Philip Wood

cankanbay
Contributor.

Re: Is it possible to update a username using the open interface?

logon identifier is the same as username.