Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to turn off the "look ahead" feature with status dependencies?

Highlighted
b460
Regular Collector

Is it possible to turn off the "look ahead" feature with status dependencies?

Hi,

In one of my requests I have multiple steps. If I have some fields that are "required" at step 2, at step 1 when I push the request to step 2 it asks to confirm the required fields before proceeding.

However, I do not want these fields to be filled in until the request is in step 2 as that is when they are required.

Is there any way to turn off the "look ahead" feature of PPM so that required fields are only filled out at the step they are required at? Or any other ways to get around this?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Is it possible to turn off the "look ahead" feature with status dependencies?

Why are you keeping the fields mandatory in Step 1?

You can make just editable not Mandatory.

Have you chose 'Yes' in 'Reconfirm' at step 1? Check up....

Regards,
Mahendran M
Gary Rubinstein
Super Collector

Re: Is it possible to turn off the "look ahead" feature with status dependencies?

Because the workflow is highly configurable and it is possible to have different required fields depending on the path a workflow takes, PPM is always looking at the step you are going into for the required fields.

What I would suggest is change the required fields from step 2 to step 3 as this will ensure that they are completed on entry to step 3.

Daniel Gülzow
Occasional Contributor

Another option is to put a dummy execution step "1a" without a status between step 1 and step 2. Then the status dependencies of step 2 should not be calculated.
Jamie Pick
Regular Collector

I agree with the previous post - placing a dummy Execution step ahead of step 3. The look-ahead functionality doesn't get invoked after execution steps.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event