Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Is it possible to set condition in drill down portlets?

Highlighted
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Is it possible to set condition in drill down portlets?

Hi,

i want to drill 2 different destination portlets from source portlet according to data chosen in the filter of the source portlet.
For example if the data is 1,portlet-1 should be drilled down ,if the data is 2,portlet-2 should be drilled down.

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES
vatsan
Valued Contributor.

Re: Is it possible to set condition in drill down portlets?

Hi Sevilay, There is no such option in PPM. However, I feel this should be made possible by using the preferences in the main portlet and then mapping it to the drill-down portlet. If you need more details, please share the scenario. Thanks!
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi.See sample in attach. May be it help you.
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Hi Alexander,

thanks for your reply but i think i can't explain my problem very well.
i can make this kind of drill down portlets but i wonder if can drill down from the same master portlet to 3 exactly different portlet according to where condition of master portlet.
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

?? Wery interesting!!
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi.
there is no way to that with the standard drill down mechanism. What you can do is, have 2 or three drill-to portlets. The drill-down page then contains these two or three portlets. Then make sure only one of them has content and the other(s) are empty. Then you have a page with the portlet you want and 1 or 2 other portlets showing "no results".
Another idea would be to have several independent pages and then use custom links (like /itg/dashboard/app/portal/PageView.jsp?pageId=73334785) in the top portlet to drill to these pages. It may be necessary for the users to have access to these pages, would need to test that.