Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Is it possible to make Access of Notes History only to few users?

Highlighted
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Is it possible to make Access of Notes History only to few users?

Hi,

In our Request Type we have applied Field level security(both visible and editable) for few of the confidential fields, as a reason only few user can edit and view those fields, they are not visible to normal user.
Till here everything is working fine.

Note: we have enabled Trasaction history and Notes history for those confidential fields.

If I edit the confidential field with proper access. This changes is recorded in the Notes History as we have enabled transaction and notes history for those field.

Though the normal user is not been able to edit the confidential fields, but he is able to see the Notes history of those confidential fields, which is a failure of security.

Question is normal user should not see the notes history also(particularly confidential fields), how we can achieve this.

We have observed in the Notes section of the Request type, within the Existing Notes there is a Checkbox which can control the Notes history to the user who is logged in by checking it.

we want the same thing i.e user should see only his own notes not the others notes.

Right now we are using ITG 6.0 version with service pack 13.

Thanks
Shravan kumar
2 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Is it possible to make Access of Notes History only to few users?

Hi,
I use 7.1 sp 5. In my version it's impossible.
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Re: Is it possible to make Access of Notes History only to few users?

Hi Semenov Alexander,

Thanks for your quick response.

Thanks,
Shravan kumar.