Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add/remove some fields in Add Cost line diologue box in FS

Highlighted
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to add/remove some fields in Add Cost line diologue box in FS

Hi All,

We are on PPM 8.02 and the question is:

Is it possible to add/remove/modify the highlighted fields in the attached screen shot (In Financial Summary).

Thanks!

Mohit

3 REPLIES
dlinetsk

Re: Is it possible to add/remove some fields in Add Cost line diologue box in FS

Type and Category fields are available by default, but you can do the following:

1. You can add user data to cost lines with your custom values.

2. You can control the values for the Category field by tailoring CST - Budget Labor Category and CST - Budget Non-Labor Category validations.

3. Expense Type can be enabled/disabled by going to Financial Summary Settings and checking/unchecking "Allow capitalized costs on this project" checkbox

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Re: Is it possible to add/remove some fields in Add Cost line diologue box in FS

Thanks Dmitry! We are aware about hiding the Expense Type.
Is it possible to hide the “Type” field OR
is it possible to set it to “Labor” if the Category field equals “External Labor” or “Internal Labor”, otherwise the “Type” field is set to “Non-Labor”.
dlinetsk

I am not sure if you can hide the Type field OOTB - but if this is really critical, you could change the actual JSP to hide the field.

In regards to setting Type based on another value: you could use a Web Service. fm.client WS has the necessary methods. I do not know your exact requirement, but in our case, we had an execution step on project workflow that calls WS. The WS would set line values and FS settings progrommticaly - you can put any logic into there.

if you are looking for a Request Type like rules (on field change) functionnality, I do not think it is possible, but I may be wrong here.

Thanks,

Dmitry

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event