The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Possible to give edit Portlet access through Modules in PPM 7.1 SP5

Highlighted
Shravan Kathuri

Is it Possible to give edit Portlet access through Modules in PPM 7.1 SP5

Hi,

I have configured one Module in which i have added one page with 2 portlets.Now, I want to distribute this module page to the users dashboard. I have added these users in the "Read Only Access" section of the module.
They have added successfully to the users dashboard.Now, I want to give Edit Portlet access to the portlets added through this module.How can we give Edit portlet access to the users through the module.

I have added these users in the Administrative Access section of the module.But it didnot worked.

Can anyone tell me how can we give edit portlet access to the users through the module.

Thanks
Shravan Kumar.K
3 REPLIES
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Re: Is it Possible to give edit Portlet access through Modules in PPM 7.1 SP5

Hi Shravan,

Starting from PPM 7.1 the modules distribution and publication works like this.

If you add users in the "Read_only access" - it become a Publication and users having this module have no access to edit it as you are having it rite now.

If you want Users to edit the portlet preferences, then you need to add the users to "Self-Service Access". Users have to add the module to the dashboard and wil be able to edit preferences of these module portlets.

I think i have answered the question.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Shravan Kathuri

Hi Sangiliraja,

Thanks for your response.We want to give edit access to the portlets through self-service. But without the user intervention, we want to give edit access.

I think this is not possible.Users have to add page manually.

Thanks
Shravan kumar.K
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

hi Shravan,

Yes you are right. The concept is different from PPM 7.1. They have either Shared Page where users are not able to edit anything. It is jus a view. Other is Private Pages Portlet preferences are editable.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.p
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event