Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing with timesheets via the DB in 7.5

Highlighted
Alan Delimon
Regular Collector

Interfacing with timesheets via the DB in 7.5

In our 6.0 production instance we have several processes that interface with PPM to create timesheets from external systems. This is done via a database link, and calls to the KTMG_TIME_SHEETS_TH and KTMG_APPROVAL packages.

In 7.5 these packages are not present, probably because of the redone timesheet database schema. We need a way to interface with timesheet creation via a DB link in 7.5.
6 REPLIES
Alan Delimon
Regular Collector

Re: Interfacing with timesheets via the DB in 7.5

Support has indicated that this can be done in 7.5 via a professional services solution. We would rather not do that so we are probably going to write our own way to do this unless someone has a way to make the 6.0 stuff work.
Alan Delimon
Regular Collector

Has anyone tried/been able to import time sheets in 7.5? I have tried adapting the 6.0 packages but haven't had a ton of luck and don't want to miss any details that could cause data integrity issues.
James++
Regular Collector

Hi Alan,

You can import the timesheet by using the web service provided by HP. I have done this in HP PPM 7.1, I have integerated MS EPM timesheets with HP PPM Project management module.

Can you tell me what exactly you want to do.
Alan Delimon
Regular Collector

Yes that is what support suggested as well so I am taking that route now. We get an error with the web services API though that I am trying to track down at the moment.

The error is:
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException: Unexpected EOF in prolog
at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,0]
Alan Delimon
Regular Collector

I have this working with the web services API.
Alan Delimon
Regular Collector

this is working.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event