Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of small requests, work items, project plans, proposals

Highlighted
Mara Kuhlmann
Acclaimed Contributor

Integration of small requests, work items, project plans, proposals

We are planning our implementation of PPM 7.5. We have ITG 6.0 running now. In our current implementation, we do not charge any time to requests, but instead create project plan tasks for every time tracking bucket.
In PPM 7.5 we are looking taking advantage of the std. work item fields available for request types, instead of creating project plan tasks for everything. My question is how we can link together related requests? How are others handling this? Are there any white papers or documentation providing overviews of how to link together various demand requests, tasks, projects, programs, proposals, etc? 1. If I have an original request and want to charge time there, but then 2 more departments are also needed to complete this - therefore creating 2 additional requests - how do I easily link all three requests together - to allow reporting on them and understanding the total planned and actual effort and resources?
2. Same question, but what if I want to tie a small work request or defect with a project plan or proposal, how do I link them together?
3. Important for our company is being able to move work requests/work items once they have been assigned. If I first decide that this request belongs to one initiative and charge time to it, but then realize it belongs to another initiative, or stand-alone, can I do that? Is it easy to move the planned and actual hours?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event