Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Integration of PPM and Quality Center (ALM)

Highlighted
Linda Hauck
Respected Contributor.

Integration of PPM and Quality Center (ALM)

Hi

We are attempting to integrate PPM to QC ver. 11 (aka ALM).  I have configured everything on the PPM side.  But when we try to enable the PPM related fields in QC (for requirements), as instructed by the manual, they cannot be found.  Is there something else we need to do on the QC side?

thanks

Linda

5 REPLIES
sdef
Super Contributor.

Re: Integration of PPM and Quality Center (ALM)

Hi Linda,

What is the version of your PPM?

Have you deployed the ALM jar file?

In the fields mappings, one thing to secure is to make sure that the fields with " * " are mapped correctly.

Linda Hauck
Respected Contributor.

Yes,  I have deployed the jar file and have been working with those request types/workflows.

So, does the mapping have to be complete to see those other "non-mapped" fields in QC that must be enabled?

I am referring to the fields needed for Requirements, called "PPM Server URL", "PPM Request Type", "PPM Request Notes", "PPM Request ID", "PPM Request Status" and "PPM Syncfhronization Data."

thanks!

Linda

Linda Hauck
Respected Contributor.

Forgot to mention, we are at PPM 9.12

Linda

Linda Hauck
Respected Contributor.

I found out how to do this in a knowledge doc:

Title: How to enable PPM related OOTB fields in QC project for ALM integration? Document ID: KM1352699 Product: Project and Portfolio Management Version:   Updated: 2012-Mar-27 Summary: How to enable PPM related OOTB fields in QC project for ALM integration?

By default, a QC project contains some outofbox PPM related fields for ALM integration. However, they are not enabled/activated to be shown up in the QC project requirement or defect details page. The following steps shall be taken and confirmed whenever a new ALM project or an upgraded QC project is created.

Solution

1. For a non-version controlled ALM project,

a. Enable PPM* fields in defect module, run the following SQL in the Site Admin:

update SYSTEM_FIELD set SF_IS_SYSTEM = 'N',SF_IS_ACTIVE = 'Y' where SF_TABLE_NAME ='BUG' and SF_COLUMN_NAME like 'BG_REQUEST%'

b. Enable PPM* fields in requirement module, run the following SQL in the Site Admin:

update SYSTEM_FIELD set SF_IS_SYSTEM = 'N',SF_IS_ACTIVE = 'Y' where SF_TABLE_NAME = 'REQ' and SF_COLUMN_NAME like 'RQ_REQUEST%'

2. For a version controlled ALM project,

a. Enable PPM* fields in defect module, run the same SQL as 1a above.

b. Enable PPM* fields in requirement modeule, run the following SQL in the Site Admin:

update SYSTEM_FIELD set sf_is_active = 'Y', SF_IS_VISIBLE_IN_NEW_BUG='11111', sf_is_system = 'N', sf_udf_version=1, sf_can_change_permissions='Y', sf_grant_modify='11100' where sf_table_name = 'REQ' and SF_COLUMN_NAME like 'RQ_REQUEST%'

sdef
Super Contributor.

so does this solve your issue??

I have a favor for you, can you try the integration both side?

as in From PPM to ALM and From ALM to PPM.

Update me if both works, and also if the request fields can be updated.

Because im having some issue regarding this.

Thank you!

-feds