Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Deployment Management WF with Demand Management WF.

Highlighted
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Integrate Deployment Management WF with Demand Management WF.

Hi,
We want to know whether we can integrate Deployment Management WF with Demand Management WF.

When we create a request it should follow Demand WF, and if we want to create packages automatically(I hope we can use commands for this) and we can schedule the package line, After successful execution of packages, I want to return the control to Demand management WF.

I am bit busy, am not able to do POC, If anyone has implemented this, Kindly share the snap of the workflow and its key items to take care.

Regards,
Mahendran M
4 REPLIES
Sachin M
Regular Collector

Re: Integrate Deployment Management WF with Demand Management WF.

Hi Mahendran,

Yes we can integrate demand management WF with Deployment management. Try to create two execution steps with scope as pacakge and having work flow events wf_Jump and wf_receive. Place the execution step having wf event wf_jump in the demand mgt WF and wf_recive in deployment management WF.
The wf_jump WF event will take you to deployment management WF where you already have the wf_receive execution step. With the help of these you can create the package but you have to log-in into your workbench for the creation of package lines.
For return the control you can place the execution step having workflow event as wf_jump in the deployment management WF and a wf_recieve step for this in demand management WF.

I do not have any workflow ready with this concept. But hope this will help you to start your integration.

Thanks,
SM
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Thanks a lot, Also it would be better if we find a way to create Package Lines automatically.

Is there is a way that we can create the different Package WF's, can that passed as a parameter?

My requirement is that when control goes from Demand WF, it should return to Demand WF after doing all the operation in Deployment WF automatically.

Is there is a way to acheive this through webservices?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sachin M
Regular Collector

Hi Mahandran,

I guess we cannot create package lines automatically. You have to login into the workbench for to create package lines.

About package workflows you can create different package workflow but I am not able to understand where you want them to pass as parameter?

Please have a look at the attachment I hope his will help you.
But I am sure that we cannot create package lines from the request page or dashboard we have to log-in into the workbench.

Please let me know if you get some web service for this or any better solution.

Thanks

Regards
SM
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the snap.... I will analyze more on this and will surely share the solution with you.

Regards,
Mahendran M
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event