Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing two different PPM Instances in one server

Highlighted
Emir Gocen
Super Collector

Installing two different PPM Instances in one server

Hello,

We have three different ppm instances but two different servers. One is for productive server and the other one for development and test instances. 

For test the 9.20 version, I update the development instance to 9.20 and test instance is still 9.14 version. I have 2 different problems :

1)  I use jdk 1.6.0_45 for this server but when I install 1.7.0_25 instance which is installed 9.14 gives deployment error and the 9.20 instance gives port errors.

2) When I change the jdk from 1.7.0_25 to 1.6.0_45, 9.14 instance opens properly but 9.20 version is not opened because the java unsupported 

How can I use two different instances in one server and how can I solve this issue?

Regards. 

3 REPLIES
Emir Gocen
Super Collector

Re: Installing two different PPM Instances in one server

Now problem is solved a little bit. But still I Can't use two instances same time.

If I choose JDK 1.7.0_25 Test version (9.14) is closed.

If I choose JDK 1.6.0_45 Development Version (9.20) closed.

randull
HPE Expert

Hi,

You could use the following two approaches:

1.Put in each instances kVariables.sh the proper Java Home and PATH settings:

i.e

export JAVA_HOME=/u1/java/j2sdk1.4.2_06
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

2.Set the JAVA_HOME by having an user for each version.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Arjun_K

Looks like there are two sets of issues here 1. Versions of Java 2. Ports

For the 2nd issue - Make sure you have two different set of ports assigned for your PPM versions. Meaning - the ports declared on your server.conf file of PPM version 9.14 should not match with the port numbers declared in server.conf of 9.20.

Making sure a port is not used by two servers resolves the port issue.

For the 1st problem of JDK version, I would suggest creating two profiles on the server each used for one version of PPM. This way you could have JAVA_HOME set to a specific profile and in turn each profile has a different version of JAVA_HOME assigned.

Cheers,

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event