cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting proyects/requests to Program Management module

Highlighted

Inserting proyects/requests to Program Management module

Hi everyone,

I have a client that would like to automatically reference a proyect/request to the Program Management Module when selecting a program.

By default PPM dont have this behaviour but maybe inserting in some tables with a execution steps could do the trick. Any ideas or suggestions?

Regards,

Alfredo

4 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Inserting proyects/requests to Program Management module

Hi Alfredo,

at first sight, I doubt that this is possible - however, your request is a little bit vague.

Are you requesting to CREATE automatically a project / request when a program is CREATED? or what do you refer to when you mean 'reference' and 'selecting'?

If you could be more precise in the business process that you require to be implemented, that would open new options (possibly).

Best regards,

Dirk

Hi dirkf,

What the users wants is a combobox with the list of program module in their projects or requests, so when they are editing them the can choose to which program the would lke to reference them. After that if they enter to the program module and choose a program they will see the new project/request referenced.

I hope that will clarif what I would like to accomplish.

Regards,

Alfredo

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Alfredo,

not sure where you differentiate between 'program module' and 'program' - to the best of my knowledge, there is only the latter available for viewing. This would also mean that from your standpoint, there would ALWAYS be a program available for choosing, which would mean view-ahead as well as security-concerns as to who has acces to the project ( request) and the knowlege of where it belongs.

The only option that comes to mind right now would be to add an ACL field with an appropriate validation that hands back suitable or all programs to the project request type that will populate with all programs that are available to the users. Should be single-select only and after having chosen a program, the field should become non-editable for all further status'.

Also be aware that a program associated to a project will prevent  you to add the project to a portfolio.

Best regards,

Dirk

Hi dirkf,

From the security point of view I dont have a problem, there will be many programs for the user to choose and this will be validated according the Program Manager of the program.

My issue is that the ony way to assign proyects or requests to a program is from the Program page and no the other way around (that is what I need to do), so I need to know which tables (or executions ) are the ones that relate the program to the project so I can create a script to automatically relate them.

Regards,

Alfredo

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event