Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Increasing Custom Fields

Highlighted
Tarun Paul
Respected Contributor.

Increasing Custom Fields

I was trying to add sone field in a section of request header, it was saying that i have reached the maximum limit to add a field so increase the number in the maximun custom fields.
How to increase the custom fields in the Request Header
Thanks,
T11
8 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Increasing Custom Fields

You cannot increase the maximum limit in Header table.

Not sure about PPM 8.0

Please add the fields in Detail Table.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Yes I think Mahem is correct. You cannot add more fields in Request Header existing Section as there is a limit( not sure about Newer versions). If possible, you will probably see a field called MAX FIELDS in Reqeust Header Types just like Request Types.
But as a Workaround, you can create a New section under Request Details and then Push it Up the layout. That way , you will have Two Sections under Header - Summary and New One.
We have also utilized other method in couple of our reqeusts. We have moved some of the fileds to Details and then utilized that parameter for New field. Of course you will have to make sure the corresponding existing data are moved as well.
-Raj
vatsan
Valued Contributor.

Hi, Does increasing the number of fields in request details cause any performance drag?

Thanks.
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

HP advices not to add more than 300 fields in Detail Section. But they do not stop us from adding more fields.

We in one project added 450 fields, I don't see any issues.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Tarun Paul
Respected Contributor.

How to increase the number of fields in the detail section more than(300) what is displayed in the drop down?

T11
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hum... I think there is a parameter in Server.conf file... Check up

Regards,
Mahendran M
vatsan
Valued Contributor.

You can add values to the dropdown by adding values in this validation "CRT - Max Custom Fields". Thanks!
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yep, Vatsan is right.... Bad Memory....

Regards,
Mahendran M