Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve the display of the Gantt Chart portlet

Highlighted
SGM
Occasional Contributor

Improve the display of the Gantt Chart portlet

Has anyone attempted to improve the display of the Gantt Chart portlet? Some users have commented that the text is too small.
3 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Improve the display of the Gantt Chart portlet

Hi.
I'm not sure we even have the sources of this portlet. I agree with you that the picture quality is not very good and therefore sometimes difficult to read. Another point is that you cannot adjust the text on the left and the image on the right, and the portlet wasts room as it is not using the page width of the dashboard page.
I assume there will be several ERs already; I remember submitting some back in 2006(?) regarding these issues. This was for release 6.0, still there is no improvement.
SGM
Occasional Contributor

I found three files: GanttScale.js, GanttChart.js and GanttChart.css. The first two can be found in server/ktnadv/deploy/itg.war/js/pm/ and the third can be found in server/ktnadv/deploy/itg.war/css/pm/.

However from your response it sounds like unless you have an intricate knowledge of how the porlet it built (HP), it would be difficult to edit these files (and possibly more) to improve the display.
Alexandru Saven
Regular Collector

Greetings,

I stumbled upon a document which describes the way PPM java portlets are built - basically there are 3 types of java display helpers and one of them is the "progress bar" displayed in the Gantt Chart portlet. Maybe you can get the help of a java developer to re-implement the classes and perform the adjustments as required.

Please let us know how it turns out - maybe a screenshot?

Best of luck
Alex
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event