Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Importing request type + workflow error using kDevMigratorImport.sh

Highlighted
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Importing request type + workflow error using kDevMigratorImport.sh

While trying to import request type and it's workflow and error appears (while importing request type) - see attachment for logs.
According to SysAdmin.pdf first Request type should be imported, then Workflow.
When doing so:
- request type import result in error (no workflow found)
- workflow is imported as readonly "(REFERENCE) workflow_name"

Subsequent imports result in the same error.
6 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Importing request type + workflow error using kDevMigratorImport.sh

The attachment won't open, but what I've done in the past is migrate the workflow, then the request type, then the workflow again to make sure all the links are maintained between the two. I hope this helps your problem. If it doesn't, could you post the error message you are getting as a reply and not an attachment?

Jason
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Does the name of your workflow include the string '(REFERENCE)'? If so, are you using one of the out-of-the-box examples or a copy of one of them? If it is a copy or a new one that you created from scratch, try removing that string from the name.
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Hi Jim,

my workflow was created from scratch by me and it does not contain word (REFERENCE) in name. The string (REFERENCE) is added after migration to different environment and this workflow is set to read-only.

Case details:
1. I have request_type RT1 and related workflow W1 on environment ENV1
2. I extract RT1 and W1 in ENV1 using kDevMigratorExtract.sh script
3. I manually copy files Rt1 and W1 from ENV1 to ENV2
4. On ENV2 I import RT1 and RT2 using kDevMigratorImport.sh script
5. W1 is imported as (REFERENCE) W1 (which is read-only) and RT1 is not imported due to errors:

Entity: Request Type
Object: (REFERENCE) GEMB - Proposal request
Row set: KNTA_PARAM_RULES_MIGE_V
Row: 31060
Column name: WORKFLOW_ID
Information
The reference to the Workflow GEMB - Proposal workflow was removed, because this Workflow could not be found in this HP Project and Portfolio Management instance. (KNTA-10628)

Message name: MIG_REFERENCE_NOT_FOUND

Error
ORA-06503: PL/SQL: Function returned without value {KNTA_PARAMETER_SET_FIELDS_TH-}

Message name: ORACLE_ERROR
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

We always do our migrations with the migration object types. I assume they are using these scripts at some level, possibly with options that control the behavior you are seeing. You may need to talk with HP directly about these problems if no one else can provide insight into their operation and using PPM to do the migrations is not an option at your site.
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

You may also get some guidance by looking at the commands associated with the migration object types and the special commands they use to migrate objects.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Å ukasz,

The Oracle error you're getting is triggered by having long field names (aka "Prompt") on your request type. I don't remember how short they have to be - you might see if you can reduce any long ones and retry the migration.

HP support has a permanent fix for this that replaces package body KNTA_PARAMETER_SET_FIELDS_TH with a new one. Defect number 202559.