Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Importing Requests

Highlighted
Mike Ramberg
Valued Contributor.

Importing Requests

Hello, we are testing a process to import requests from a web front end. I am doing a proof of concept to see how this would work. I can load the interface tables and run the import requests report. The requests import as expected, but even if I define a status for the request, when it shows up in ITG, the approval buttons are not available, the submit button is there, and if you hit submit, the requests processes as expected. Is there a way to "auto-submit" the request while importing? Or is this the way the system was designed to work?

Thanks, Mike
5 REPLIES
James++
Super Contributor.

Re: Importing Requests

Better way to do this is by using the HP PPM Web services, they are easy to implement, you just have to call them by you Interface or web page.
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I want to create requests through PPM Webservices.Can you give me the steps to create requests through web services. I have already gone through SOA.pdf document and implemented.But it is giving error related to SSH connection.Can you provide the steps to do this.

Thanks
Shravan kumar.K
James++
Super Contributor.

Can you tell me, that you are deploying you client code in the same machine in which PPM server is insatll or the client is in diffrent machine ?

Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Hi Utkarsh Mishra,

No. The Client code is in local system, not in the PPM server.

and one more question, do we need to change any settings in webservices.conf file?

I have set the enabled flag for the web services in server.conf file.

Thanks
Shravan kumar.K
James++
Super Contributor.

Hi,

No need to change webservice.conf file, but you have to set "com.kintana.core.server.ENABLE_WEB_SERVICES=true" this parameter in server.conf file.
For more help you can enable "Debug Logging for Web Services", put this parameter in server.conf file com.kintana.core.logging.SYSTEM_THRESHOLD = DEBUG (This will help you to find the exact error)

Initailly you should try to call the web service without HTTP Authentication.

Then follow these steps:

1. Copy web service toolkit on your machine.

2. Set all the classpath. (For help check the attachment)

3. Set all the server configuration with the help from PPM_SOA.pdf

Remember-:Do not enable the HTTP Authentication.

4.Change the code as desired.