The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Requests from Excel

Highlighted
spungedave
Acclaimed Contributor

Importing Requests from Excel

Apologies if this seems painfully remedial, but my client is moving to a new install of PPM - I believe it will be version 7.1 - but not currently planning to migrate any of our data. We have a large backlog of requests which I can easily extract from ITG into Excel. Does anyone know of a simple method for importing these requests (primarily project issues) into the new PPM install?

Thanks in advance...dw
12 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Importing Requests from Excel

Dave, PSO has a data import tool (Excel plugin) that does this. It's officially unsupported, but we've used it a lot with 7.1 & 7.5
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Transform Excel/CSV into SQL inserts and populate KCRT_REQUESTS_INT/KCRT_REQUEST_DETAILS_INT/KCRT_FG_PROJ_ISSUE_INT depending on request type and run Administrative report -> Import Requests
See Technical Reference Manual for data structures description.
Richard Woodman
Super Collector

The Microsoft Excel plugin is located in the Administration - Service Catalog menu.
kev marks
Regular Collector

Richard,
when you say it's located in "Administration - Service Catalog" menu is that on the HP website or in an
instance of PPM (which instance version 7.1 or 7.5). I did'nt see it when I logged into PPM 7.1 SP4.

Thanks
Kevin
Bernard.Chee
Super Collector

Is the "ITGXMLGenerator.xla" as referenced in the 'Implementation Guide for XML Importers' document still available nowdays ?

The excel plugin from the Service Catelog appears to only handle SRC related items (and not Requests, Resources etc) ? Thanks.
Reinier de Koni
Occasional Contributor

Could anyone help me to get the PPM7.5 SP4 XML Importer? I do have the 7.1 now but this doesn't connect a7.5 instance.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, RdK
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

I don't know that there is a 7.5.4 version of this. We are using the 7.5.3 version and it works fine with our 7.5 instance, except linking staffing profiles to budgets doesn't work. I'll try to attach it.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Here is the documentation.
Reinier de Koni
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your information.
I can proceed with this.

Regards,
Reinier
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Oops...to be clear, this is the 7.1 SP3 import utility, and it works with 7.5 as well.
Reinier de Koni
Occasional Contributor

Yes thats what I jusr found out.

Thanks!
Vsalian
Regular Collector

How can I extract request or data like (budgets, projects etc) in to excel??
Thanks

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event