Did you mean: 

Import of request type failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sascha_1

Import of request type failed

Hello,

i try to migrate a request type into our pre-production system. But everytime the import failed (see attached zip file). You will find the import parameters in the zip file too.

Best regards,

Sascha

11 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Import of request type failed

Sascha, could you please send log files.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Sascha_1

Hi Celil,

there are no specific log files or log entries at the serverLog.txt. The only error message i got was entered at the package line log.
Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

hi,

i believe your source env has different sp level,oracle version, nls format something like that. they are both at the same version right?
Sascha_1

Hi Kerim,

unfortunately, your suggestion is not correct because i could import other object (workflows, validations) successfully.
Furthermore all our environments are based on the same settings.
Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

hi sascha,

does your request type name contain special character, may be you need to add server conf parameter allows utf8 format.
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sascha,

Could you please check and ensure below controls for Validations and Request Type field names etc
* Did you use any character which could special for your language? For example in Turkish we have suffering some times in importing phase.
* Did you use any informal character like TAB, ENTER etc.? If you copy paste a value you could carry a informal char.

Check them all in where you can manuelly edit.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Sascha_1

Hi Kerim,

the request type name is only "Demand" (without the double quotes). Before this deployment, we could import this request type successfully to all environments. But we only changed some request type commands and added some new rules to it.
Maybe there is a restriction for the number of rules or commands, a request type can have???
Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

hi sascha, how many xml files in that zip file? i read something 20 xml files a package contain or 20 package lines in package. may be you need to open a ticket
Sascha_1

Ticket is still open. I can send you the zip file of the request type if you want.
Sascha_1
Solution

Hi all,

the problem was caused by wrong sequence of the request type rules. I reordered the rules by setting the rule "Apply before Save" to the end. After this adjustment the import was sucessfully executed.
smanicka354
Acclaimed Contributor

sascha:

I am facing a similar error with importing only the request types. the error message reads

sent [encrypted] command:

bash-3.2$ Hidden% $KNTATMP bin/kMigratorImport.sh -username "admin" -password '#!#*****#!#' -action import -filename 'transfers/REQUEST_TYPE_30035_6.zip' -i18n none -flags NYYYYNNNNNYYNNNNNNN -unescapeUnicode Y; echo KSC_EXIT_STATUS $?

received echo:

The received command was suppressed because it contained a password.

Loading content bundle: E:\PPM\transfers\REQUEST_TYPE_30035_6.zip

Validating objects in content bundle

Validation values with the lookup type BF_APP_NAME_AP exist, but cannot be automatically replaced by this migrator.  Please delete these validation values and try this migration again. (KNTA-10694)

Java stack trace:

Validation values with the lookup type BF_APP_NAME_AP exist, but cannot be automatically replaced by this migrator.  Please delete these validation values and try this migration again. (KNTA-10694)

at com.kintana.mig.server.agent.ValidationAgent.deriveLookups(ValidationAgent.java:507)

at com.kintana.mig.server.agent.ValidationAgent.deriveKeyValues(ValidationAgent.java:326)

at com.kintana.mig.server.DerivationUtils$1.handleRowDataModel(DerivationUtils.java:403)

at com.kintana.mig.server.BaseKintanaObjectAgent.invokeOnAllRowDataModels(BaseKintanaObjectAgent.java:163)

at com.kintana.mig.server.DerivationUtils.deriveKeyValues(DerivationUtils.java:253)

at com.kintana.mig.server.BaseKintanaObjectAgent.deriveKeyValues(BaseKintanaObjectAgent.java:414)

at com.kintana.mig.server.ImportTransactionImpl.deriveKeyValues(ImportTransactionImpl.java:401)

at com.kintana.mig.server.ImportTransactionImpl.deriveAndValidateBundle(ImportTransactionImpl.java:457)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.kintana.rmi.MethodInvoker.run(MethodInvoker.java:77)

at com.kintana.rmi.util.ThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(ThreadPool.java:276)

Import failed

KSC_EXIT_STATUS 2

Command: [$KNTATMP bin/kMigratorImport.sh -username "admin" -password '#!#*****#!#' -action import -filename 'transfers/REQUEST_TYPE_30035_6.zip' -i18n none -flags NYYYYNNNNNYYNNNNNNN -unescapeUnicode Y] did not complete successfully.

Aborting command execution.

Closing telnet session.

is thsi anything you can help wiht? we are on version 7.5 of demand management.

Thanks

Sandy

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event