The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Project in Closed Status using XML Import

Highlighted
AbdulMajeed_1
Super Collector

Import Project in Closed Status using XML Import

Hi,

Is it possible to import projects in 'Closed' status using XML Import utility?

Kindly response.

Thanks,
Abdul.
7 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Import Project in Closed Status using XML Import

You want to create a new project with XML Import and its status should be 'Closed' as soon as you import it? Am I getting it clearly?
Please advice.

Regards,
Mahendran M
AbdulMajeed_1
Super Collector

Hi Mahen,

Yes. We need to import the projects using xml import and it should be closed as soon as it imported.

Thanks,
Abdul.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Try to import it with the request Status_id=6. Have you tried it? If it gives some errors, Let me know what the error actually is.

Regards,
Mahendran M
AbdulMajeed_1
Super Collector

Hi,

I have already tried with Status_id 93 and 6. When I added REQ.P.STATUS_ID field at end of excel sheet, there's no effect at all. when i add the token feild at somewhere middle of the excel sheet, it throws validtion error of other token fields which actually have correct values.

Did anyone implement this kind of import?

Thanks,
Abdul.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

What is the 'initial request status' which you have set up in 'Request Status' Tab in Request Type?

I don't have XML importer to check up. Why can't you update the Status after all the project is created in one shot by running the update Query?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Varun Singh
Regular Collector

Hi All,

I am facing a wierd problem. I generated the XML for project and received the error that one of the column for which values are not as per the validation for that column. I have removed those names from the xls sheet and created a new XML file with the new data.

When I am doing an XML upload, i am getting the same error for those names in the field even though I have deleted those data from the sheet as well as generated xml doesn't have those names listed at all.

Any idea, if ppm saved it somewhere or i need to restart the machine. or
not able to understand then doing a new upload, it still refers to the old values which no more exists in the XML document.

Could you please help??

Thanks
Varun
Arguing with a fool, proves there are two
kerimkilic
Super Collector

for creating projects with different status than project creation; you can create a custom field to show current status of the project and make an initial execution step with move_flow command; then u can send necessary data to command, hope this helps
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event