Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of changing Cost Category values

Highlighted
ShravanK
Regular Collector

Impact of changing Cost Category values

Hi,

We are using PPM version 9.3. We would like to change the values of Cost Category values of the resources.

Can anyone help me is there any impact on changing these cost category values. I know there is some impact on already entered financial summary lines.

Can anyone help me on this please.

Best Regards,

Shravan

5 REPLIES
ShravanK
Regular Collector

Re: Impact of changing Cost Category values

Please can anyone advise on this soon.

Alessandro Baio
Super Collector

Hello,

according to Financial Management user guide:

---

After changes are made to cost rules, costs are recalculated according to a schedule specified in the Cost Rate Rule Update Service, as described in
"Cost Calculation Services" on page 186

---

You have to set specific start date for the new cost rate, so only affected financial entries will be updated.

Kindest Regards.

Alessandro

ShravanK
Regular Collector

Hi,

I am referring Labor category field valu changes ( Cost category field in Resource page). Already these cost categories used in financial summary lines for different project. If we rename any of the values in this validation, will the entries in financial summary be change or it will not change?

Alessandro Baio
Super Collector

Hello,

yes, if you change the visible value of any entry in "CST - Budget Labor Category" validation, and the financial summary is configured to automatically calculate forecast labor cost based on staffing profile positions, then the related financial forecast entry will change the visible cost category according to the new visible value (see enclosed picture).

Kindest Regards,

Alessandro

ShravanK
Regular Collector

Thanks for reply Alessandro,

earlier we thought to rename old values, But we would like to add new values and we need to change bulk of cost categories to different new ones from the database. So we need to change those bulk from database.

I have followed below process to change them from the database.

1). I have updated labor_category column along with last_update_date and last_updated_by for "rsc_positions" and
also updated last_update_date and last_updated_by columns for "rsc_staffing_profiles" table.

Later after few minutes, when I checked financial summary, still I am seeing old cost category value.

It is not changing to new cost category value. scheduled service "Staffing Profile Financial Summary Sync Service" has been completed successfully and was enabled also.

please advise me other than "rsc_positions" and "rsc_staffing_profiles", what other tables that i need to update to reflect this change

Best Regards,

Shravan

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event