Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Impact of HP PPM Upgrade to 7.1/7.5 on Project Management

Highlighted
Ajaykumar Nandi
New Member.

Impact of HP PPM Upgrade to 7.1/7.5 on Project Management

Hi,

I am working on requirements and planning for upgrading Mercury ITG 6.0 SP15 instance to HP PPM version 7.1 and then to 7.5.

Following are my concerns regarding impact on Project Management entities:
a) If there is a request in Mercury ITG 6.0 having attachments for project plan, budget and staffing profile with field groups of PFM Proposal and PFM Project, what could be the impact considering that there is unification of Project request and plan?

Thanks,
Ajay
6 REPLIES
Gary Rubinstein
Respected Contributor.

Re: Impact of HP PPM Upgrade to 7.1/7.5 on Project Management

Ajay,

I would strongly recommend that you contact HP Professional Services as there are major changes to Project Management in the v6 to v7.1 upgrade.

Regards,
Gary
Darshan Bavisi
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Ajay,

To understand correctly, you have a PFM - Proposal request, a PFM - Project request (or PFM field groups in any Demand Management request) and these requests are having the Budget, Staffing Profile and Project Plan? Is that correct?

If so, then you will be fine, as far as there are no customizations done in any of the entities (configurations will be ok, but if tool is customized, say a JSP or any ootb components or database table, script, etc. are modified).

During upgrade it will automatically convert your project request and project plan into single entity. Nothing to do there usually. If you have used the custom fields in the project plan, then you will have to recreate them into either user data or form fields, as the custom fields in the project plan are removed from 7.x onwards.

If you have any orphan project request or orphan project plan, then you will need to create the other component in version 6 before you can upgrade.

Other than that you should be fine. The upgrade is generally pretty smooth and takes care of most of things by itself. Let know if you need more details on the same.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

There is a report available that you can run on v6.0 called "PPM Upgrade Advisor 6.0/7.1"; it will analyze your instance and point you to the things that may cause problems during the migration.
You can get that report from SSO I think.
Regards
Sascha
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Found it locally.
Ajaykumar Nandi
New Member.

Thanks Sascha! PPM Upgrade Advisor 6.0/7.1 is useful.

Darshan,

You have rightly comprehended. My concern is for standalone project plans (not related to any demand request) or standalone (that do not have project plan) IT proposal or project requests with PFM Proposal and PFM Project field groups respectively.

How should they be handled? Can you provide more details?

Also, Does the template gets upgraded into PPM 7.1/7.5?

Alternatively, you or anyone on this thread/forum who can share more details on this issue can reach me on ajaynandigam@gmail.com

Thanks,
Ajay
kev marks
Super Contributor.

Is there are report for 7.1 to 7.5 like the "PPM Upgrade Advisor 6.0/7.1" report?