Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images in Portlet

Highlighted
Amanjyot87
Occasional Advisor

Images in Portlet

I was doing R&D on Dev environment . I wanted to develop a portlet with an image in one of its columns.

The image path as seen in winscp : “/test1/mercury/itg60/server/MERPD/deploy/itg.war/web/knta/global/images/en/Ex.gif”.

I had given the same path in the query for that column, but on front end image didn’t use to display ,though other fields  displayed properly.

But, if I give the path as “itg/web/knta/global/images/en/Ex.gif”, it works perfectly.

Now my question is , why “itg” is used in the path even when there is no folder named as “itg”.(Closest one is itg60)

Also, what about the other part of the path(dnbusr1/mercury/itg60/server/MERPD/deploy/itg.war). Why did we skip that?

Base path where the server is installed is “/test1/mercury/itg60”.

Regards,

Aman

6 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Images in Portlet

Looks like the path you're trying to use is a file system path and what you need is the relative URL, which is why the other one works.

Amanjyot87
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I am able to view images in the portlet but when i export to excel sheet, the images are not exported.

Please let me know on how to export the images as well  on to the excel sheet??

Thanks a lot in advance.

Amanjyot87
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I am able to view images in the portlet but when i export to excel sheet, the images are not exported.

Please let me know on how to export the images as well  on to the excel sheet??

Thanks a lot in advance.

Aman

changl
Super Collector

Hello Aman,

Verify the parameter

com.kintana.core.server.WEB_SERVER

is not in your server.conf

It was deprecated after PPM 7.1 however it still presents problems if contain in the server.conf.

If so, stop PPM, remove it, run kUpdateHtml.sh.

Best regards,

Chris

Amanjyot87
Occasional Advisor

Hello Chris,

We are on 7.1 and the parameter is there in the server.conf but we have commented it.

Still we are not able to export images to the excel.

Please suggest.

Aman

d4y4n4
Frequent Visitor

Hi Aman,

It seems that you will able to see the images only if you are connected to PPM, check this link http://quixy.deu.hp.com/quixy/query/detail.php?ISSUEID=QCCR1L44775

Regards,
Dayana Campos
Technical Solutions Consultant
HP Software Support Team
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event