Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If somebody is having trouble reporting time to a project.

Highlighted
Pathak_1
Occasional Advisor

If somebody is having trouble reporting time to a project.

If somebody is having trouble reporting time to a project,Then how can i find the Error?
Or where can i get the Error Log for a particular task against which the user is unable to report time?
5 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: If somebody is having trouble reporting time to a project.

If someone got a specific error message, it should be in the server log. What, specifically, does "having trouble reporting time" mean?
Pathak_1
Occasional Advisor

Trouble reporting time means a resource is not able to charge time against a particular task to which he is assigned.
I am not sure but i think there is a script ("ktmg_show_task_restrictions")which we can run to find out if there is any error or not and that script requires Task ID, Resource's User ID as an Input.
Does any one know about that script?
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Hi Pathak,

1. Try adding another resource on the same task and see if the other user also is having trouble reporting time against it. Then there is a problem with the task and not resource.

2. Is the task ready for charging time? Are there any settings on that task restricting time on it?
Nick Pietropolo
Acclaimed Contributor

Or is the project closed and the settings were not allowing time to be attributed to a closed project? If it is task level did the task name change? Or if validation was the item moved or Seq code number changed or diabled?
Sivakumar MJ._1
Super Collector

Check the particular resources is mapped to the Report time or authorised to enter report time for the particular task...
For HP Online Case Logging-->http://support.openview.hp.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event