Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

IIS and PPM Integration

Highlighted
Bryan Parrott
Contributor.

IIS and PPM Integration

I am currently having a problem with the IIS dll not connecting to PPM. We previously used the jakarta2 dll that was recommended with ITG 5.5. We are currently using PPM 7.1 and are trying to switch our IIS servers to use the jakarta1 protocol now recommended by HP. I've acquired the document attached to this post from HP support but even after triple checking that everything in the document has been done (and even having a second set of eyes to verify it) we still aren't getting IIS to redirect to the PPM instance. Curently, if I point IE or Firefox to the webserver I get the standard "Under Construction" page that IIS defaults to. If anybody has something else that I could check or notices something that isn't in the document I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks in advance!
6 REPLIES
Varun Singh
Respected Contributor.

Re: IIS and PPM Integration

Use attached DLL instead of OOTB. There is some problem in the OOTB isapi_redirector.dll.

Just try this.
Arguing with a fool, proves there are two
pdhawan
Trusted Contributor.

Also please check the security settings on the folder C:\inetpub.

The user IUSR_ should have the access to this folder. For once you can try by giving access to all users(local and domain) on this folder.

Bryan Parrott
Contributor.

Okay, I've tried the new dll and also the change to the folder settings. At least I'm getting a different error now. I'm currently getting a "Service Unavailable" error message and in IIS on the appropriate isapi filters tab the jakarta isapi filter has the red arrow next to it indicating that it is not loading. I'm looking at the various log files for IIS and also the isapi.log file and I'm not seeing any errors. Any further advice on this?
pdhawan
Trusted Contributor.

I am attaching a zip file with a customised doc on how to configure IIS. I hope u find that helpful.
I have removed a few screenshots due to size constraints.

Also try using the IIS file I have attached in it. When we got the RED arrow, changing the dll file worked.

Also IIS would work only for IE and not firefox, you can set the users expectations accordingly
JReyes_1
New Member.

I'm trying to download the files that were attached to this discussion. Can you please attach them again so I can download them?
Thanks.
Chaitanya Ch
Contributor.

Hi, Can you please attach the document (zip file) again so I can download them.
Thank you.