The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE warning message "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" on Task User Data tab

Highlighted
JudyZhu
Regular Collector

IE warning message "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" on Task User Data tab

Reproduction steps:

1. Enable Task User Data
2. Add a drop-down list field in Task User Data
3. Add a Auto-Complete field in Task User Data
4. Open a Task
5. Make change on any other tab, such as to change the duration of the Task on "Schedule" tab
6. Go to "User Data" tab, change the value of the drop-down list field without any issue
7. Clik the button of the Auto-complete field to open the validation window

Expected behavior: the validation window is opened without any issue.

Actual behavior: The Validation window showed up, but along with a browser's dialog asking "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page? You have made changes to the page. Your changes will be lost if you leave the page. Press OK to continue, or Cancel to stay on the current page." Selecting "OK" or "Cancel" on the browser's dialog doesn't do anything either.

If to save the task after the change on duration, and then go to "User Data" tab to launch the validation window, the warning message does not happen.

Product Support said it may because of some imcompatible with IE browser. But my IE has enabled the option of "Enable native XMLHTTP support" but can still reproduce this issue.

Anyone can help me on this?

Judy

2 REPLIES
d4y4n4
Frequent Visitor

Re: IE warning message "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" on Task Us

Hi Judy,

I did some searches in Google, and it is recommended to follow these steps
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/internet-explorer/slow-five-tips-to-boost-performance

Regards,
Dayana Campos

Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

Re: IE warning message "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" on Task Us

may be browser recognize pop up window as a new one, i think it is a normal behaviour; if your auto complete list is not huge you can try to convert it to drop down list.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event