The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've increased the Session_Timeout, but users are still being timed out under old value

Highlighted
victoria loft
Collector

I've increased the Session_Timeout, but users are still being timed out under old value

I changed the Kintana_session_Timeout value from 120 to 540 and the new value shows in the config doc, but users are still being logged out after only 120 minutes of inactivity.
3 REPLIES
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Re: I've increased the Session_Timeout, but users are still being timed out under old value

What authentication mode are you using? LDAP or ITG ?
If using ITG authentication, then after stopping the server, update com.kintana.core.server.KINTANA_SESSION_TIMEOUT value in server.conf file, Run updateHTML.sh script and re-start the server. That should update the value. But if you are using LDAP authentication, the value is probably being determined from LDAP side.
-Raj
victoria loft
Collector

Re: I've increased the Session_Timeout, but users are still being timed out under old value

we're using mixed authentication. Our East Coast users are authenticating through LDAP. Our West Coast users are authenticating through ITG. When I changed the timing, I ran the script and restarted the server, still not working. I'm wondering if the timeout has something to do with a firewall?
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Are you running a server cluster or a single server? If you have a cluster, the hardware or software that load levels connections must retain the server/client association for the duration of the session. If a user is routed to the wrong server, the connection will not be recognized and they will get the logon page. The timer in the switch for maintaining the server/client association must be longer than the session timer you set in server.conf.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event