Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need get project's region before project's creation.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
B.Iniesta
Acclaimed Contributor

I need get project's region before project's creation.

When i create a project, from project management, I can't get the project's region, the problem is that the configuration of the request doesn't have the field region "KNTA_REGION". I want to know if I can get region's value before the request is going to be created as the value of user "SYS.USER_ID" because the value of the region must be stored somewhere ...

A greeting and thanks for all.
8 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: I need get project's region before project's creation.

It's not stored with the request but with the project (table pm_projects).
As far as I know, when creating new projects they have always the system default region preselected, even if the region of my user has a different region set in the profile.
B.Iniesta
Acclaimed Contributor

Good morning,

In my case the project has not been created yet, the next step is
"Not Submitted" then the information was not yet in the database, but this has to be somewhere because it has been reported previously. In the picture below shows the next step.

Thanks for all.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

So you create a project, fill out the first creation page including the region field and then you want to use what you selected there on the second creation page (project details) in a rule or something similar?
I have checked this on our instance and the table pm_projects is not populated with the new project before you at least save the project details as draft.
B.Iniesta
Acclaimed Contributor

hello, yes, I am trying to use the value of the region in a rule but can not get anywhere value before the request is created.

Thanks for all.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Then you will need to execute that rule later. The project creation is handled by a servlet, it holds the selections you make on the project creation page in memory and not (yet) in the database.
Alternatively you can use the region of the user creating the project, of course, assuming that he will have chosen the same region for the project.
B.Iniesta
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

But you can get the value as the user "SYS.USER_ID. With some system token or something similar.

Thanks for all.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, that's the alternative I meant, using a construct like [USR="[SYS.USER_ID]".REGION]
B.Iniesta
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

Yes, but not the user region, if not above the region of the field completed.

Thanks for all.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event