Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Cannot Assign a Resource Past Period 2016

Highlighted
mgikima
Super Collector

I Cannot Assign a Resource Past Period 2016

I need help with Staffing Profile not able to assign and save resource assignment. Please help.

While trying to add a resource to a staffing profile we get a Stack trace error. Upon further investigation i realized that we cannot assign a resource past 2016 period. When we adjust the Profile Finish to 2016 we get a stack trace exception and we cannot save the assignment, but when we adjust the Profile Finish to year 2015 then we are able to assign and save the changes. We have our GenPeriods set to the year 2020 i am not sure why it is not accepting anything past 2015.

Is there anyone who can help me out there? we are using version 7.5 sp 7 and planning on upgrading to a supported version before the end of year but before then we are out of support from HP.

i have attached the error message and results from knta_periods and knta_period_groups.

Thank you,

Gikima

2 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: I Cannot Assign a Resource Past Period 2016

I am not sure, but issue can be because of PPM limitation that a Resource Pool can calculate capcity forecast out to 3 Years only.

This might be the cause of Arry index out of bond error.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
mgikima
Super Collector

Re: I Cannot Assign a Resource Past Period 2016

Thank you so much Utkarsh,

What is confusing me is that I am not assigning and committing the resource for the complete staffing profile period i.e.. until 2016 but just committing/softbooking for like a few months in 2012 but since the staffing profile has a 'Profile Finish' date of 2016 i get the error. and this error comes up when i click on save or done button

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event