The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we can pass credentials dynamically to web services in PPM 8.02 or 9.2 versions

Highlighted
ShravanK
Regular Collector

How we can pass credentials dynamically to web services in PPM 8.02 or 9.2 versions

Hi, We have requirement to call web services in 8.02 and 9.2 versions.

We are able to call services, but how we can pass username and password to web services. We are using SSO authentication. As of now, we have hardcoded credentials in the program itself to call services.

But we want to send the credentials automatically through SSO site.

Can anyone tell me how it can be achieved. We are using Http Basic Authentication logic.

Best Regards,

Shravan

5 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: How we can pass credentials dynamically to web services in PPM 8.02 or 9.2 versions

You can use SSO in web services. Check the web service programmer guide for more detail.

Below is the extract form the Guide. For more techincal detail, check the chapter 11 web service security.

Extract - 

As with many other PPM Center Web components, PPM Center Web services
is able to integrate with most industry-standard single sign-on (SSO) systems
such as CA SiteMinder, Oracle Identity Management, RSA Sign-On Manager,
and IBM Tivoli Access Manager through pluggable authentication
470 Chapter 11
frameworks. PPM Center provides a log-in module for SiteMinder. For other
SSO systems, additional customization may be required.
You can integrate with SiteMinder using the PPM Center SiteMinder Log-in
Module. When this authentication mode is used, PPM Center authenticates
users to SiteMinder, and does not store user passwords in the PPM Center
database.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

Re: How we can pass credentials dynamically to web services in PPM 8.02 or 9.2 versions

i have achieved this with hashing algorithm; in a custom table i have stored hash code that represents user with request id; in my code i have developed based on this hash code. at that time, i was in a hurry so implemented in this way rather than to discover sso coding in webservices.
ShravanK
Regular Collector

Hi Kerim KILIC,

Could you please provide me the steps to do the same. i am having trouble implenting this. If you could send any sample code to achieve this. that would be better.

Thanks in advance.

ShravanK
Regular Collector

Hi Kerim KILIC,

Could you please provide me the sample code to achieve this. We are having trouble with this problem.

Best Regards,

Shravan

ShravanK
Regular Collector

Hi,

Can any one suggest me best way to provide credentials dynamicallys through SSO site ( not hardcoded).

Best Regards,

Shravan

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event